Develop Management Skills
If you're struggling to manage your finances, this article has some suggestions that will help.
- Save money for your material needs. Don't spend money on every little, inconsequential thing you see in the store.
- Try to simplify your life. Do you have things you no longer use? Give them to charity or sell them in a yard sale.
- Save money for important things. Plan for inevitable repairs, an increase in rent, or the loss of work.
- Keep control of your expenditures. Discipline yourself when deciding what you need (as opposed to what you merely want.) If you use a credit card, be especially disciplined. It's too easy to run up a big debt on that little card. Credit cards are notorious for charging high interest rates on unpaid balances.
- Make a habit of shopping for what you need every two weeks (and not in between). This will help dramatically.
Template:Video:Develop Management Skills
- Check your bank account frequently to make sure you are not running low on money.
- Don't go on major shopping sprees. The pain of unmanageable debt lasts much longer than the thrill of acquiring some new toy or trinket.
- Gain Management Skills
- Be an Effective Project Manager
- Create a Job Skills Development Plan
- Improve Your Leadership Skills