Edit and Present a Prezi Offline
Prezi is a presentation creation web application that allows you to create presentations consisting of text, images, and videos. Prezi differs from traditional presentation software by using a single canvas and frames opposed to conventional slides. This allows you to create dynamic, non-linear presentations. This article will walk you through the process of editing and presenting a Prezi offline.
- Go to the Prezi desktop page and click the “Install Now” button to download the Prezi desktop software. Note: The Prezi Desktop software is only available to users with a Prezi Pro or Edu Pro license.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install the software in Adobe Air.
- Activate the Prezi Desktop software by signing in with the email and password associated with your account.
- Go to the Prezi your prezis page and log in using the email and password associated with your Prezi.com account.
- Click the Prezi presentation you want to edit offline using Prezi Desktop.
- Click the “Download” button from the tool bar on the right side of the Prezi.
- Select the “Download for Prezi Desktop” option and click the “Download” button.
- Click the “click this link to download” link to download your Prezi as a “.pez” file.
- Click the “File” menu followed by “Open” from the context menu in Prezi Desktop.
- Select the downloaded “.pez” file and double-click it to open it. You can now edit and present your Prezi presentation offline using the Prezi Desktop software.
- Student and teacher licenses are available at a discounted rate. Learn more about Prezi Student/Teacher licenses.
Things You’ll Need
- Adobe Flash Player 9 or higher installed
- Minimum 1GB memory
- A scroll mouse / touchpad
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher, Firefox 3.0 or higher, or Safari 3 or higher
- Prezis created with a free Prezi account will have a small watermark and be published on prezi.com/explore. *
- Customizing a logo through the Theme Wizard is only available to users with a paid Prezi license.
- Create a New Prezi Presentation
- Embed a Prezi Presentation
- Insert Video in a Prezi Presentation
- Insert a Youtube Video in Prezi
- Change the Email Associated With a Prezi Account
- Present from a Browser in Prezi
- Invite Others to Collaborate on Prezi
- Add a Custom Logo to a Prezi Presentation
- Sign up for Prezi
- Change an Email Address in Prezi
- Create a LinkedIn Account