Inheriting Genetic Conditions
- What does it mean if a disorder seems to run in my family?
- Why is it important to know my family medical history?
- What are the different ways in which a genetic condition can be inherited?
- If a genetic disorder runs in my family, what are the chances that my children will have the condition?
- What are reduced penetrance and variable expressivity?
- What do geneticists mean by anticipation?
- What are genomic imprinting and uniparental disomy?
- Are chromosomal disorders inherited?
- Why are some genetic conditions more common in particular ethnic groups?
- Genetics Home Reference. U.S. National Library of Medicine.