Make a Miniature Cobblestone Stamp
When creating buildings for a miniature city (e.g. Mordheim) an important aspect is detail. These directions will show you how to create a detailed cobblestone stamp that you can use to create walls, floors and other objects with a cobblestone look.
- Flatten some sculpey on the wax paper. Put its thickness at about half an inch. Use the sculpting tools to cut it into a rectangular shape.
- Use the small rocks to press a pattern into the sculpey. Press them gently, preferably one at a time, and not overlapping.
- Gently remove the rocks one at a time. This is best done using a craft knife or other very thin tool so as to not damage the pattern.
- Put the stamp into the oven, following the directions given on the box. Sometimes the stamp will turn out rounded on the top. If this happens then sand the stamp down until it is even.
- Press the stamp onto the foam that you're using for your foamcore building. Press fairly hard to ensure a proper stamp into the foam. If your foam is larger than your stamp, rotate the stamp as you continue stamping to vary the rocks. For a more well defined pattern you can trace over the imprint with a pencil, pushing firmly but gently to deepen the cracks but not damage the foam.
- Paint the foam with a mixture of acrylic paints that gives you the color you desire.
Things You'll Need
- Super Sculpey
- Clay Sculpting tools
- Handful of small pebbles
- Wax paper or foil
- Acrylic Paints
- Make a Miniature Foamcore Building
- Build a Mordheim Warband
- Paint Miniatures
- Acrylic Paint
- Make a Boffer (Foam Sword)
Sources and Citations
- http://www.tabletopgeeks.com/making-a-cobblestone-stamp-first-attempt/ - Original source, used with permission.
- http://www.tabletopgeeks.com/new-flagstone-pics/ - Original source, used with permission.