Apply Rain X Automobile Windshield Treatment
When it rains, do your wipers leave streaks in just the wrong places on your windshield? Applying Rain-X properly to your windshield will almost certainly improve your ability to see through your windshield in any precipitation condition, especially at night. Use Rain-X and the water will bead and slide right off your windshield.
- Wash your car normally. If you thoroughly clean and prep the windshield surface before applying, this step can be skipped.
- Dry your windshield.
- Apply Rain-x to half of the windshield at a time. Apply Rain-X with a soft cloth (preferably microfiber cloth), and in a circular motion, firmly apply Rain-X into the windshield.
- Buff with a different clean cloth. Move up the windshield, gradually buffing out the haze, until you get to the top of the glass.
- Take a clean cloth and go over all the surfaces one last time, buffing in circles rubbing off the last residue.
- When the Rain-X is applied in proper quantity, water will bead on the surface into perfect circles (as you look down on them). When the beads, or drops, of water take irregular shapes, it's a sign that the sheeting action is wearing off.
- Rain-X on a windshield also helps ice and frost not to stick so well to the windshield. This makes scraping your windshield (before you drive) easier.
- Apply on a cool day, if possible. On a hot day, leave the car in the shade for a while so that the windows are cool. It makes removing the haze easier.
- Applying Rain-X to your side and back windows can also help your general vision, and the ability to see your mirrors more clearly.
- Using your wipers does seem to slightly wear away the film of Rain-X.
- Though Rain-X may allow you to drive in the rain without using your wipers, always remember to turn your headlights on for safety.
- Buffing the product off properly is very important because otherwise, you could leave a little haze of swirls in the glass, making it a harder to see out the windows and windshield. Proper buffing will restore the clarity of the glass.
- During a mist situation when you also are driving under streetlights, be sure to use your wipers normally. The water droplets sitting on your windshield can create quite a glare if they are not wiped away.
- Read the product label for any warnings or precautions.
Things You'll Need
- Rain-X windshield treatment
- clean cloths
- Wash a Car by Hand
- Polish an Aluminum Trailer
- Remove a Very Streaky Wax Finish on a Car
- Drive a Car in Winter Weather
- Stop Windshield Wiper Blades from Squeaking
- Merge Onto the Highway Without Crashing