Extend the Life of Your Windshield Wipers
Good visibility through your windshield is vital to driving, thus the need for good windshield wipers which cleanly remove debris and water as you drive. Maintaining the wipers, however can be costly and a nuisance to replace. Extending their "life" can therefore be beneficial to your wallet and your sanity. It only takes a few minutes and some basic supplies.
- Collect your supplies listed below.
- Wet a couple of pads with the alcohol and set within reach.
- Hold the windshield wiper in one hand and angle away from windshield, allowing you access to the rubber blade.
- Fold one of the wetted pads over rubber blade, gently gliding pad across surface. You will see grime being removed. Keep repeating until blade is squeaky clean. Repeat on other windshield wiper blades. Whenever your blades seem to be losing their effectiveness, you can use this method to revitalize them.
- Rubbing alcohol is flammable so no fire or heat should be near it when in use. Store rubbing alcohol away from heat/flame in a secure environment.
Things You'll Need
- Rubbing alcohol
- cotton pads/balls
- Troubleshoot a Windshield Washer Pump
- Stop Windshield Wiper Blades from Squeaking
- Change the Wiper Blades on Your Car
- Remove Windshield Wipers
- Install Wiper Blades
- Choose Windshield Wiper Blades
- Apply Rain X Automobile Windshield Treatment
- Clear Clogged Windshield Washers
- Make Windshield Washer Fluid
- Clean Frost Off Car Windows Quickly