Create a Perfect Visual Resume
Resume plays a vital role in finding your dream job. It is a tool in the hands of the recruiter that helps him to shortlist a right candidate for a particular job opening. In just a few seconds, your resume is a way to represent you as a prospective resource to the recruiter.
- Give a good start. A visual resume is created for your online audience, i.e., your future employer. In a visual resume, your first slide plays a crucial role in enticing the recruiter to click on the next slides. Everything you plan to put down on the first slide of your resume is crucial. If it is not visually attractive, no employer will want to spare more than 5 seconds on it (probably).
- Bring transparency. In a visual resume, transparency is expected by any employer. This type of resume gives a great opportunity to go beyond the limitations of a traditional resume and share your story with your employer.
- Add your photo. You can even share the image of family members or be complete transparent about your personality. The current employment sector is open for getting professional details with personal introduction of job applicants.
- Be obvious about your resume. Your purpose of creating a visual resume is useless if you cannot convey your career objective to your recruiter. Be clear about what you want from your employer or what to highlight. If you wish for your recruiter to view your personal site or connect on LinkedIn to get to know you better, provide the link. A visual resume is a perfect way to provide maximum information to your employer in an interactive manner.
- Be expected. In a visual resume, the flow of information should be logical in order to maintain the sense of information flow to your employer. The expected flow of details makes your visual resume look organized and appealing to the reader. If you are providing your employment information from present to past, the logical flow of information should be your current job detail, and your last jobs listed in order. Similarly, if you start with past, the flow of all these details should follow from past to present details.
- Add a pinch of unexpectedness. After providing all the important information about employment and educational details in a logical order, you can add some unexpected features in your intro as well as outro.
- You can also add some slides to showcase your organizational skills in a creative manner to your employer. Also, a visual resume provides a perfect platform to pitch your skills in a creative manner.
- Choose a proper visual. The goal of creating the best looking resume is to create a visual appeal in order to make your recruiter shortlist you for an interview call. This makes it vital to be specific with the content and visual appearance.
- While content will be based on your creative writing skills to display your educational and professional background, visual appearance includes the right choice of color, pictures and photos you display to your employer.
- Use graphics and images in a creative manner; they make your resume stand out.
- Highlight your important skills first in order to be noticeable by your employer.
- Include links to your profiles on social networking sites to connect with your employer.
- Use attractive visuals to highlight things that need your employer's attention.
- Remember, a visual resume still remains a resume, where content still counts, Apart from choosing a creative route to present information, be focused on content quality, too.
- Do not provide any false or misleading information about your employment history, personal information or achievements; almost all employers get such information verified.