Make a Plain Outfit Look Awesome
Plain clothes can feel a little dull. They're dependable, easy to choose from and always simple but they're hardly eye-attracting. When you're keen on turning plain into awesome, find ways to spruce up the existing clothes and introduce more exciting pieces to your wardrobe.
Finding what's fashionable
- Do some research. Buy, borrow or check out some fashion magazines and websites. Most celebrities have stylists who are always current with the latest styles, so make use of their efforts to direct your attention to what is current.
- Which items do you like? Which don't you like? It's important to work out what you do and don't like from fashion trends, so that you can focus solely on what you like.
- Consider what already works from your own wardrobe. Which of your items could be combined with other things to mimic current trends? Some items are timeless and can be slipped in with other more trendy clothes, while other items are staples that will always be suitable, whatever the fashion. These can form great base items for building on.
- Work out what works for you as a whole. While fashionable trends are fun to check out, they're not something to be enslaved to. If you don't like the trends, that's fine. Do not copy them. Wear what makes you happy and represents who you really are. Above all, that is about good style that will take you beyond plain.
- Coordinate outfits. Make a list of your favorite outfits and accessories.
- Vertical stripes make you look slim.
- Two shades of the same color (darks like black or navy) are slimming, but only if they match exactly!
- Choose colors that match but vary in shades. This can create a very interesting effect.
- Belts, purses, unusual shoes or accessories can spice up a monotonous outfit.
- Choose appropriate colors.
- Blondes are stunning in black or navy.
- Brunettes are stunning in purple and red.
- Redheads are beaming in dark green shades.
- Light complexions are accentuated with green or blue.
- Dark complexions are accentuated with pastels.
- Black looks good on everyone.
- Try layering.
- Wear two tops with different necklines.
- Wear a cute vest, shrug or bolero with a top or dress.
- Wear a Create a Versatile Wardrobe (Women) or tank top beneath an open blouse.
- Wear a sweater or cute leather jacket.
- Wear a shawl in the evening.
Changing a look
- Add fabrics.
- Add a bright scarf to your hair or neckline.
- Add a contrasting pocket.
- Add a fabric belt with dangling beads.
- Add a lace ruffle to the hemline of a top or skirt.
Making use of accessories
- Accessorize with jewelry. Accessories can change the whole appearance of an outfit. Just be sure to not overdo the accessories; typically, it is most effective to wear one item at a time.
- Try dangling earrings to accentuate your face.
- Try necklaces of different lengths. Chokers add sophistication.
- Try colorful costume Shop For Accessories at a Low Price. Contrasting colors are chic.
- Try elegant vintage jewelry from a thrift shop.
- Make jewelry. You'll get just what you need to compliment an outfit.
- Try a splash of color in a wrist bracelet. Try an ankle bracelet.
- Be creative with your hair. You can make a ponytail, pigtails, braids,and a bun. There is so much more!
- You want to make sure your hair matches your outfit.
- For sports, a ponytail, for an outing, a bun or add cute flowers or ribbons to lazy hair, and just to look cute, pigtails and braids will do fine.
- Be confident. Have a good attitude. Wear a smile.
- Mix and match to see what goes with what.
- Find the correct size. Clothes should glide over your body whether sitting or standing.
- Take time for grooming. Add make-up. Some mascara, lipstick, lip-gloss, eyeliner, foundation, eyeshadow, blush, but don't over power your look.
- Jeans will look good with any top. Make sure to add some cute heels or a hot pair of flats to spice up your outfit.
- Improve Your Wardrobe
- Always Have Something Wonderful to Wear
- Be Color Coordinated
- Choose an Outfit That Suits You
- Make Plain Straight Hair Be More Interesting