Be a Good Law Enforcer
This article describes how to become a good police officer or other type of law enforcement officer such as a Sheriff.
- Be aware that before you get started on becoming a good law enforcer, you must understand what it is all about, and you must have a passion for it. Before you choose law enforcement as a career, you have to understand the system and the system's objectives.
- Ensure you understanding the objectives of the particular law enforcement agency you want to be part of. This will help you to decide if you truly want to be part of it.
- Chose with respect to the goals of the system and totally accept it, for example, in The Nigerian Police Force, their objective is 'to serve and to protect' so this should be the primary aim and motive for anyone who wishes to be part of this system.
- If you don't like the system's objective, find one that suits you, so you will be happy with your job.
- Do not join any law enforcement agency with the purpose of making good money, to avoid ending up as a 'dirty-cop'. You are supposed be patriot, you should care more for your country and the citizens of your country.
- Be prepared to give your life up for a complete stranger. Law enforcement is a dangerous job, and you have to be ready to give your life up to protect everyone regardless of race, personality, or importance.
- Be understanding. Most people become criminals because of the hard lives they have lived. Always remember that anyone can always change.
- Don't get discouraged. Day in and day out law enforcement personnel are dealing with criminals. You arrest someone then, by next year they're out doing the same criminal activity again. Always trust that your job matters and remind yourself that you are saving lives every day.
- If you want to make money, first think about the goals you want to achieve with it, and know that empty pocket won't really stop you from achieving your goals, but empty head and empty heart will.
- Trust that the system works and don't get discouraged.
- You may not be able to join a law enforcement agency for a country you are not a citizen of.
- If you have a criminal record, you may be excluded from joining a law enforcement agency.
- Become a CIA Agent
- Become a Police Officer
- Get a Job With the United Nations
- Become a Health Inspector
- Become a District Attorney
- Become a Licensed Social Worker
- Interview a Suspect