Become a USMC Drill Instructor
- The United States Marine Corps a military branch with many careers to choose from, such as; Military Police, Mechanic, Musicans, Infantry, Intel, artillery, aviation and many more. One of those careers, is to become a United States Marine Corps Drill Instructor A Drill Instructor is under the division/regiment of "TECOM" which stands for Training & Education Command.
- You must already be in the United States Marine Corps.
- You must become a Drill Instructor candidate.
- You must have served at least 4 years in the Marine Corps
- You must also pass all qualification to attend D.I School.
- Once you have been cleared to attend the Drill Instructor School, you are either sent to MCRD Paris Island (South Carolina ) or MCRD San Diego ( California )
- If you are female, you will train in MCRD P.I ( Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island)
- Drill Instructor School is 12 weeks
- Once you have successfully gone through Drill Instructor School you will take the Drill Instructors Creed.
- "These are my recruits. I will train them to the best of my ability. I will develop them into smartly disciplined, physically fit, basically trained Marines, thoroughly indoctrinated in love of Corps and country. I will demand of them, and demonstrate by my own example, the highest standards of personal conduct, morality, and professional skill.
- A DI is an intensely challenging position, for which a qualified Marine would need to show a very strong interest and capability to perform. In fact, the DI is among the most challenging billets in the Corps, as it requires enormous amounts of energy, patience, determination and leadership to transform 60 or so recruits from civilians into Marines.
- As a DI you will have around 10 days leave after each Platoon you train.
- You will/may serve around 3 years as a Drill Instructor
- In your career as a Drill Instructor, you will have the chance to rank up as you climb the chain of command.
- After Drill Instructor School you will receive your Drill Instructor Cover, also known as a Smokey Bear, or a Campaign hat, and you will receive the commission as a Drill Instructor in the United States Marine Corp Training & Education Command
- Over the platoons you train and the years you serve, you may receive the commission of Senior Drill Instructor.