Get Flash in Pokémon Silver
Having trouble finding HM05 Flash in Pokémon Silver? It's a move that can come handy later in your Pokémon journey. Read after the jump to learn this Normal-type move.
- If you haven't already, travel to Violet City and beat Falkner, the first gym leader.
- His team consists of two Normal/Flying-type Pokémon: Pidgey and Pidgeotto. Each knows Tackle and Mud-Slap, and Pidgeotto knows Gust. Pidgey is at level 7, while Pidgeotto is at level 9.
- Trainers that picked Chikorita may have a difficult time with this gym. Exercise patience.
- Falkner will give you the Zephyr Badge, which you will need to use Flash (he will also give you TM31, Mud-Slap).
- Head to Sprout Tower. It is located in the north of Violet City.
- Enter and make your way up to the third floor.
- There are a few trainers that will battle you as you ascend. Most of their Pokémon will be Bellsprout, which are weak to Flying, Fire, Psychic, and Ice-type moves.
- You can catch level 3 to 6 Rattata and Gastly here.
- Go up to the Elder monk, Sage Li. You will encounter your rival again, but he will leave quickly.
- Battle the Elder.
- His team consists of two Bellsprout at level 7, and a Hoothoot at level 10. Bellsprout knows the moves Vine Whip and Growth. Hoothoot knows Growl, Hypnosis, and Peck.
- His Pokémon are slightly stronger than Falkner's. If you chose Cyndaquil, he should be fairly easy to defeat.
- Collect HM05 Flash from him once you have defeated him.
- You can also use Flash to light up dark caves for exploring - this will come in handy later in the game.
- The same mechanics apply to Pokémon Gold and Crystal.
- Flash can be used in battle to decrease your opponent's Accuracy by one stage.
- Remember to save before battling Falkner and the Elder. If you lose, you can always turn off your game and start back from where you saved.
- Get Squirtle in Pokémon Gold
- Get to Pewter City in Pokémon Silver
- Catch Aerodactyl in Pokémon Silver
- Get a Fire Stone in Pokémon Silver