Get One Direction to Read your Fan Mail and Reply
Unless you wish to lose your hearing or get infected with the "One Direction Infection", don't mention the words "One Direction" around any tween or teen girl. Lots of "Directioners" (like you, maybe) wish to send messages to the band. But how do you get the boys to read your message and possibly respond?
- Decide how you want to deliver your message. There are many methods such as a Facebook message through their page, a Tweet, or a letter.
- Decide if you want to send your message to the band as a whole or just one member. That way, you can focus on what you really want to write. Maybe even send a message to every guy!
- Make your message unique. There are millions of Directioners in the world, and hundreds of thousands probably send tweets and letters, all saying "I love you! Please come to -insert place name-!" Messages of encouragement or support are all great, but you might have a story. Depending on whether you are composing a Tweet or sending a letter, your message length is obviously going to be longer. Examples are a funny joke or a witty one liner for a Tweet. For a letter, consider sending a story. Maybe the boys helped you follow your musical dream or a certain song helped you get through a tough time. Tell them!
- Make sure to spell and grammar check. The boys aren't probably going to spend their time reading incoherent ramblings like "OMG I totally love you Nial!!1! R u coming 2 Vancouver????" That just makes you seem like you haven't spent any effort on your message or that you're just a hyperactive Fangirl who'll move onto the next hot band when they come around. A better message might be "I love you Niall! I especially love you as a brunette. Are you coming to Vancouver, Canada in your 2013 tour?"
- Do you want to include something if you're sending a package or a letter? If you're thinking of a present, don't send them anything too extravagant or expensive. They are capable of buying themselves things and don't want their fans to spend loads of money on them. If you do want to send something, make it small, cheap, and preferably something humorous. Are you an artist? What about sending some fan art? If you've got a great picture of the guys, send one along too.
- If you're writing a letter, include a self addressed and stamped envelope so if the boys want to leave a reply, they know where to send one.
- Sign your real name to it. If they are reading your letter, they want to know who you are. Not your username or such.
- Tell them a bit about yourself. If you tell them something interesting about yourself then they'll want to read more and are more likely to reply!
- Be yourself. Don't tell lies.
- The address to send mail is One Direction, C/O Modest Management, The Matrix Complex, 91 Peter Borough Rd, London, SW6 3BU
- Don't be sad if the boys don't reply. They are after all, busy making new music and touring the world and they get messages by thousands of fans each day. Rather, be happy that you put in the effort. Even if the boys themselves never see it, you've let the world know about your story, message, and your passion for the band.
- Ask if you can stay in touch!
- Be joyful and don't be sad if they don't reply. keep trying, maybe they are busy and cannot reply. I have one direction infection, how about you?
- If you live far away it will probably take a while for it to get to them.
- Make sure your message is something you'd like to receive and something you'd stop to look at or to reply. Chances are, if you don't want to respond to your own message, the boys won't too.
- For Twitter, make sure you're following the boys on their personal Twitter accounts! The official group twitter is filled with mostly updates.
- If you want to send anything to the boys, make sure it's nothing that you would be embarrassed for your parents to see! Nothing alive too, no matter how much you want to send that bunny to Louis so it can munch away at all the extra carrots he can't eat himself.
- On Twitter, you're limited to 140 characters, so don't send them 100 separate tweets to form your essay. That would go better in a letter. Instead, make it short, sweet, and snappy. There's no way they can respond to every single proclamation of love, but send something interesting and you might just get a reply, retweet, or follow! Squeal!
- Facebook probably isn't your best option to send the boys a message with. So many fans post there that your message might not be seen! Really want to send a message through FB? Consider replying to one of their posts.
- Ask them how there day is going, or similar "small talk" questions.
- Always be kind, and never talk of how you love one member more than the others. They all work hard, show them all love!
- Become a One Direction Fan