Play Guitar Hero 2 Using the Regular Controller
So you and your friend want to play Guitar Hero 2 multiplayer, but you only have one guitar, or you have the game but no guitar. No problem! You can just use a regular controller.
- Press the correct button at the time the notes come. Instead of pressing the frets and pushing the strum bar, you just press the appropriate button for the note.
- Note that the keys are:
- Green: L2
- Red: L1
- Yellow: R1
- Blue: R2
- Orange: X/A
- Up/Down: Directional Keys
- Select: X/A
- Star Power: Select
- Start: Start
- Whammy: Left Analog Stick up.
- This does not work for Guitar Hero World Tour or any of the Guitar Hero games that include support for the drums and microphone.
- The song "Knights of Cydonia" is pretty much impossible on the expert level, due to not being able to strum fast enough with the controller. Other songs, such as "One" and "Holiday in Cambodia", are extremely difficult on the expert level, may seem impossible, but can be done with enough practice and holding the controller differently to get past the parts where fast strumming comes into play. You can pause the game and swap out the controller to play guitar to get past the heavy strumming parts.
Things You'll Need
- Guitar Hero II
- PlayStation 2 or Xbox
- Play Guitar Hero
- Play Guitar Hero Left Handed
- Customize Your Guitar Hero Controller Buttons
- Improve Your Skill in Guitar Hero I, II and III