Remove Stick on Lettering from a Vehicle
It's pretty easy to remove stick on lettering from a car.
- Get a hair-dryer and turn it on.
- Point the dryer towards the edge of lettering that is desired to be removed.
- Move the dryer side by side until the letters begin to peel.
- Once a corner of the letter starts to curl up gently pull the rest of the letter off.
- BEWARE - larger pieces of plastic graphics can get very hot and burn you.
- Remove any remaining adhesive residue with acetone, goo-gone, or Goof-Off. Test any substance first in a hidden location. Depending on your paint, you also risk destroying your paint job.
- Don't gouge the paint off, and work outside (acetone stinks).
- If you need to use acetone, make sure that the acetone won't ruin your finish. Test somewhere hidden (inside of a door or by the bumper usually works).