Sanitize Your Car
It is known that there are microorganisms everywhere. Some of these are completely harmless to the human body while others see it as a host. Well, to minimize the chances of any harm caused by these bacteria and viruses, one of the most important precautions taken include sanitization. Cars are an unavoidable part of our life which should be sanitized, especially during the ongoing changing environment around us.
- The process is not as complicated as it may have seemed. There are certain steps that need to be taken when sanitizing a car. A detailed step by step process is given as follows:
- STEP 1: Obtain a Cleaning Cloth=Look for a cleaning cloth, it would be great if you manage to get your hands on a microfiber towel. The reason why a microfiber cloth is generally preferred is because of its high absorbency and its softness. These qualities of the cloth help in acquiring a deep cleaning of the car. Now fold the cloth twice in such a way that there are eight usable sections of the same cloth. Also, make sure whatever cloth is being used in the process is cleaned thoroughly.
- STEP 2: Section the Car=Next, you can decide upon different sections of the car to be cleaned one after another. Given below is the division of the car into different sections, you can refer to the same or make sections of your own. An important note, keep changing the cloth frequently as it becomes dirty while scooping off the dirt. Also, if you are using one cloth for two or more sections, make sure to wash it at least before it gets too dirty to clean.
- Side glass
- Hood and trunk
- Side doors (upper half)
- Front bumper
- Rear bumper
- The lower half of the side doors
- STEP 3: Understand the rotations for best results=Wiping needs to be done in one direction and not back forth which will only leave watermarks of the car. Try not to apply too much pressure but enough to scoop off the dirt. Avoid circles which again will leave the dirt on the car. It is recommended to clean in linearly against the direction of the wind.
- STEP 4: Start Cleaning=Instead of pouring the soapy water on the car, spray the solution onto the cloth and start gently wiping the section that you have chosen. Immediately after completion of the previous step, wipe the wet section with a dry microfiber cloth or whatever cloth you are using. Normally, the professional car sanitizers start with the roof to avoid spilling. This also ensures that the dirt from the roof does not come off to the other cleaner sections of the car.
- STEP 5: Rinse and repeat=Use different sides of the cloth and keep changing. When there is no more clean cloth left, rinse the cloth with clean soapy water and repeat the process of cleaning. It is suggested to use a different cloth altogether for the sanitization of the brakes as the brake pads generally contain chemical fluids. The process of car sanitization at home is quite convenient. However, it may not be possible for most of us given our busy lives. Well, that is why there are professionals who can carry this process whenever required.
- Wear Gloves and Mask While performing this process