Set up a Craigslist Account
Craigslist is a community moderated website that allows you to post classified advertisements and participate in forums specific to your local area. The types of information you can find on Craigslist ranges from employment opportunities to local events and romantic personal ads. Users from numerous different cities and countries can view the content on Craigslist and also set up an account for creating their own posts and information. Here are steps you can take to set up your own Craigslist account.
- Visit the Craigslist website at www.craigslist.org/about/sites.
- Click directly on the link for your country or city to proceed to the correct account sign-up screen. In the upper left-hand corner, click directly on the link for "my account."
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link for "Sign up for an account" in the left-hand corner.
- Type your email address and the verification word shown into the appropriate fields and click the "create account" button. If you experience difficulty reading the verification word, click directly on the blue icon depicting 2 arrows to display a different verification word.
- Follow the email prompts. Immediately after clicking on the "create button," Craigslist will send you an email to complete the account sign-up process. A link will be provided in the email for you to click on, which will take you to the password screen.
- Create a password. Type a password of your choice into both password fields and click on the "Submit Password and Log In" button. Your password must be a minimum of 6 characters.
- Access the account log-in screen for future use. To log in to your Craigslist account at a future date, visit http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites and click directly on the link for your city or country. In the upper-left hand corner, click on "my account." Type in your email address and password and click on the "Log In" button to begin using your Craigslist account.
- Begin using your account by posting an ad. In the upper right-hand corner of your account screen, select your city from the drop-down menu next to the "post new ad in" field. Press the "go" button to proceed.
- Specify your ad type. The following screen will prompt you to select the type of ad you are posting, from categories such as jobs, housing, items for sale, services, personal, or community. Click on the "Continue" button to proceed.
- Continue to follow the prompts to complete your ad. Craigslist will walk you through a series of screens offering selections specific to the type of ad you are posting. When you are finished, Craigslist will post the ad under the city you had specified earlier.
Template:Video:Set up a Craigslist Account
- Visit https://accounts.craigslist.org/login/rstpwd to reset your Craigslist account password. Type in the email address you registered with and click on the "Reset password" button. Craigslist will then send you an email embedded with a link that will take you to the password screen.
- Set up a Google Alert for Craigslist
- Protect Yourself when Using Craigslist
- Advertise a Garage Sale on Craigslist
- Sell an Item Faster on Craigslist