Become a Pro Gamer for MLG
Have you dreamed about playing video games for money? Well, now that dream is going to come true.
- Get started. First off, you need a PlayStation 3 or 4 with a PlayStation Network account, Xbox 360 or One with Xbox Live, Wii or Wii U with Nintendo Network, or a PC. Buy a game that features online competitive multiplayer.
- Catch their attention. Once you have your game and console, you have to get good at the game and let people know how good you are. Play with people online, find competition and send out friend requests. You will be noticed if you are good.
- Build the team. You need to start a team. Find players at your skill level or higher. Remember, a team is only as good as its worst player, so pick your teammates wisely. Keep playing online until you find your teammates for your roster. Once you have your team together, play other teams. You can find other teams at the MLG forum.
- Show your stuff. Now you are ready for Online Tournaments. To be the best, you have to beat the best, and the best are online right now fighting for prizes. Show everyone how good your team is and work your way up. But you just can't stop at playing, or you'll never be a pro. You need to earn some respect. As your team’s success improves, you will move up Major League Gaming’s dynamic online-ranking system. As you get better, you'll catch the eye of top players.
- Go all the way. You are now ready for the Pro Circuit. Regardless of your online performances, your status as a pro gamer can only be cemented at live events. You can find a list of this seasons events at the official MLG website. It'll give you the city’s name to find venue locations, tournament schedules, rules and game types. Traveling to live events stands as thee most critical step in progressing in the quest to become a professional gamer. You beat the players here, my friend, and you're the best of the best.
- Learn "call outs" on each map, get to know know each map.
- Choose a good gun/class that you service good with.
- Don't give up. This will take lots of practice, dedication, and patience.
- Build a good team of friends!
- Learn to control your rage!
- Have a strategy.
- Don't camp in one spot the whole game. Move around. Look around corners cautiously. Always be aware of everything that's going on around you. If your on core, the mini map is your best friend. Use it!
- Keep extra controllers handy and make sure you have extra batteries as if you are playing in a long tournament.
- Be a team player, whether you win or lose. Remember, it is only a game even if you are playing for top position and prizes.
- Most pro gamers play on PC due to the better accuracy with a keyboard and mouse.
- Talk to teammates. Control the battlefield and always have a plan.
- For CoD players, lower your sensitivity to around 5 and play League Play.
- Use dropshots and jumpshots to beat players in gun fights. Learn map routes. Use a gaming monitor with 1 millisecond response time. Buy a Scuf controller; they help with pretty much everything and get a pair of astro a50.
- There is no age limit to compete in an MLG event. If you are under 18 years old (19 in Alabama and Nebraska), all you need is a Parental Consent and Media Release Form signed by your parent or legal guardian, which you will hand in when you check-in at the event.
- Do not cheat online by using modded pads, as this will only give you a bad reputation and you will no doubt be banned from MLG tournaments.
- Practice hard! But don't over practice. You could become unhealthy and addicted.
- Turn a Horstachio Into a Zumbug in Viva Pinata
- Put in a Cheat Code on Smackdown Vs Raw 2008
- Get the Real Megabuster on Deadrising
- Transfer Rock Band 1 Songs Into Rock Band 2 on Xbox 360
- Become a Halo 2 Pro