Change Your Email on Twitter on a PC or Mac
This article teaches you how to change your contact email address for your Twitter account, using a desktop internet browser.
10 Second Summary
1. Open Twitter on a browser.
2. Log into your account.
3. Click your profile picture in top-right.
4. Click Settings and privacy.
5. Click on the email field.
6. Change your email address.
7. Scroll down and click Save changes.
8. Enter your Twitter password.
9. Confirm your email from your mailbox.
- Open Twitter on an internet browser. Type www.twitter.com in your browser's address bar, and hit ↵ Enter on your keyboard. Twitter will open up to your Home screen.
- Click the button. It's next to "Have an account?" in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Log in with your phone, email, or username and your password. Enter your login credentials and click the blue Log In button. Twitter will open up to your Home feed.
- Click your profile picture in the upper-right corner of your screen. This is the circular thumbnail of your profile picture between the Search field and the Tweet button. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click on the menu. It will open your Account settings.
- Click on the email field under Account. It shows your current email address.
- Change your email address. Delete your old email address and type in a new one.
- Scroll down and click . This is the blue button at the bottom of your screen. You will have to type in your Twitter password in a pop-up window in order to save your changes.
- Enter your Twitter password. This is the same password you use to log in to Twitter.
- Click . This will save changes to your account. Twitter will send a confirmation email to your new email address. You have to confirm your account changes by opening this email in your inbox.
- Open the confirmation email. Go to your email inbox and click on the confirmation email Twitter sent you.
- Click . This is the blue button in the confirmation email. It will redirect you to Twitter, and save your new email address to your account.