Contact Dr. Phil
Dr. Phil McGraw is a famous talk show host and psychologist. Getting a reply from him can be difficult, but sending him a comment or question is easy enough. You can get in touch with him through his show, charitable foundation, or social media accounts. Celebrities like Dr. Phil rarely read their own mail or manage their own social media accounts. If you do hear back from someone, you are most likely interacting with a member of his staff.
Using Traditional Methods to Contact
- Write a letter.
If you need to send a hard copy of something to Dr. Phil, or if you simply prefer to do most of your communicating through the traditional mail system, you can send any comments, concerns, or questions to him using the public mailing address for his show. The mailing address is:
- Dr. Phil Show, 5482 Wilshire Boulevard #1902, Los Angeles, CA 90036
- Note that nothing you send will be sent back to you since the show receives so much mail. As such, you should not send originals of photographs, legal documents, medical documents, manuscripts, or any other personal items. Only send copies.
- You should only send letters. Most other items are not typically reviewed.
- Do not send money or checks.
- Use the online question form. If you need to ask Dr. Phil a question or want to seek his advice, the quickest and simplest way to do so is by sending him a question via the online form.
The form can be found on his website. Keep your questions short. You are only allowed to enter 250 words or less.
- Along with your question, you must provide your first name, last name, birthday, e-mail address, street address, city, state, zip code, country, and daytime phone number.
- Depending on the nature of your question, the show's producers may want to use it on air. As a result, you also need to indicate whether or not you are willing to appear on the show.
- When you visit the website, click on the section that says "Ask Dr. Phil."
- Leave a comment with the online comment form.
If you want to send Dr. Phil a basic comment or two, you can do so quickly and easily with the online comment form. This "comment" form is different from the form that you use to ask Dr. Phil a question. If you have a question for Dr. Phil, do not use this method to contact him.
- When you visit the website, click on the section that says "Email the show."
- This form can be used for any non-question comment, including fan mail, critiques on the show, or general thoughts on Dr. Phil's work. You could also use this form for topic suggestions.
- Along with your message, you must provide your first name, last name, birthday, e-mail address, street address, city, state, zip code, country name, and daytime phone number.
- You will also need to indicate whether or not you would be willing to appear on the show. You probably won't need to, but you might be asked to do so depending on the nature of your comments.
- Keep your comments short. You can only write 250 words or less.
- Contact the Dr. Phil Foundation. The Dr. Phil Foundation is dedicated to helping disadvantaged children and youths. To make a general comment or inquiry regarding the foundation, you can use the online contact form or send a letter.
- When using this form, you will need to provide your first name, last name, and e-mail address. You also have the option of including a phone number.
- The mailing address for the foundation is:
- 137 N. Larchmont Blvd. #705,Los Angeles, CA 90004
- The Dr. Phil foundation can be contacted through Twitter and Facebook as well.
- You can also make a donation to the foundation or one of its causes. You will need to indicate the cause you are donating to and the amount you wish to donate. You can either pay by using a credit card or by using PayPal.
- Remark on a guest. If you know someone who appeared on the show and have additional information that might benefit viewers, you can let Dr. Phil know though the use of a special online form. You should only use this form if you are a relative, friend, or colleague of the guest you are referring to. Do not use it if you have no connection to that guest.
- This form should be used if you have a personal comment or if you have a unique perspective about the guest in question. You can also use it if you feel like your side of the story has been ignored.
- In addition to your message, you will also be required to provide your full name, birthday, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number. You also need to indicate whether or not you will be willing to appear on the show.
- Your comment must be 250 words or less.
Contacting Through Social Media
- Tweet Dr. Phil. If you have a Twitter account, you can tweet Dr. Phil by tagging your comment with: @DrPhil. Dr. Phil primarily uses his Twitter account to promote the show, not to interact with viewers. This is not the best way to contact Dr. Phil if you would like a response.
- You can follow Dr. Phil's Twitter content and view his profile.
- Dr. Phil probably does not operate his own Twitter account. You will most likely be corresponding with a member of his staff.
- There is a separate Twitter account (i.e. @TheDrPhilShow) for the Dr. Phil's show.
- Interact on Facebook. If you have a Facebook account, consider “liking” Dr. Phil's page
and sending him comments and messages through it. Dr. Phil mainly posts to promote the show and does not interact with viewers. However, his Facebook page is a good place to talk with other people that like the show.
- You can comment on articles, statuses, and remarks posted by Dr. Phil or you can make your own public comments on his page. Alternatively, consider sending him a private message by clicking on the blue “Message” button at the top of the page.
- Dr. Phil probably does not operate his own Facebook page. You will most likely be corresponding with a member of his staff.
- Comment on his blog. Dr. Phil updates his blog
, “Turning Point,” consistently. You can follow his posts and offer your own ideas in response by leaving him a comment. He probably will not reply to your comment. His blog is more of a community for people that enjoy watching his show.
- When you find a post that you want to comment on, you will need to provide your name and e-mail address. Your e-mail address is required, but it will not be made public on the blog. You also have the option of providing a link to your website.
- Connect via Pinterest or Instagram. If you have your own Pinterest profile, you can follow Dr. Phil's Pinterest page and comment on the information he “pins” there.
Dr. Phil also has an Instagram page. His name on Instagram is "drphil." If you are a member of Instagram, you can follow him and like and comment on his posts.
- You cannot leave any general comments for Dr. Phil on his Pinterest page, but you can comment on any of the content he pins.
Getting on the Show
- Reserve a place in the audience. Reservations for a seat in the audience are free and can be made by phone or online. Do not send in multiple requests to be on the show. Wait for a member of the audience department to contact you regarding tickets.
- To make a reservation by phone, call: 1-323-461-PHIL (7445) or use the show's TTY number is: 1-323-956-3390
- You can also make a reservation online. Under "Advance Reservations," click on the season you wish to reserve a seat or seats for. You will be redirected to the appropriate form. Include your name, birthday, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number. In the message field, indicate which filming date you wish to place a reservation for.
- Admission to the show is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Even if you get tickets to the show, it is not guaranteed that you will get to see the taping. Get there as early as possible.
- If you are trying to get on the show with 10 or more people, you will need to fill out a different form.
- The show tapes in Hollywood, California at Paramount Studios on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. You will need to arrive between 8:00 and 8:15 am and be done around 1:00 pm.
- The show usually tapes from August to the middle of December and from January to the beginning of May.
- Ask to be on the show. If you want to talk to Dr. Phil as a guest on his show, you can send your story in via his website. If Dr. Phil and his producers are interested in it, they may invite you to be on the show. Dr. Phil gets many request to be on the show, and he may not be able to respond to your email personally.
- You will need to go online and look at the list of upcoming topics. Once you have found a topic that applies to you, click on it to be redirected to the appropriate online form.
- Once you navigate to the correct form, you will need to explain your story in the "Message" field. You will also be required to provide your first name, last name, birthday, e-mail address, street address, city, state, zip code, country, and daytime phone number. If you have a photograph or document connected to the topic, you can also upload it via the same form.
- If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian will need to fill out the form for you.
- Please be careful with the information that you send in. Your material can be used on the show or the website without contacting you first.
- Create your story submission. To increase your chances of getting on the show, submit a story about a topic that the Dr. Phil show is currently working on. His website maintains a list of upcoming topics with specific questions you should answer as part of your submission.
Your chances of making it on the show are slim because the show receives thousands of submissions every day.
- You can submit a story that is not being covered in an upcoming show, but you may not hear back from the show.
- Make your submission clear and concise because you only have 250 words to tell your story. State your problem and avoid unnecessary background information. You are allowed to upload a photo with your submission as well.
- Tell the most important parts of your story that are directly related to the topic. For example, if the topic is about a crazy ex, your story should highlight the specific crazy actions of your ex. You would not give background information about how your ex was nice at the beginning of the relationship or where you met your ex.
- Always tell the truth in your submissions. Do not exaggerate or lie to make your story more compelling. The show staff conducts a lot of background research before guests appear on the show.
- Have realistic expectations when you contact Dr. Phil. Due to the number of letters and e-mails he receives, staff members of his show or foundation often review the correspondence first. If they think he should read what you wrote, your message will be directed to him.
- Dr. Phil may not run his own social media accounts. You are most likely interacting with one of his employees.
- Also note that you may not receive a reply to your message, even if your message is read directly by Dr. Phil.
- Never send any threatening correspondence. Doing so is a crime, and even if you are not being serious, you could still get into a lot of legal trouble.
Sources and Citations