Make a Perfect Square on Microsoft Paint
If you have read the article on how to draw a perfect circle on Microsoft Paint, circles are not the only things you can make. Making a square is almost exactly the same.
- Open the program Microsoft Paint. This will probably be on your Start Menu at the bottom left corner of your task bar. Once you have opened the program, look at the tool "box" at the left side of the window.
- Look on the tool "box" there is a rectangle at the very bottom left of it. Click that tool. You can now draw quadrilaterals, but not trapezoids or ones without 4 right angles.
- Draw with the tool; it is hard to draw a square, but here is the magic part. This is what makes the square perfect.
- Keep drawing the rectangle, and do NOT let go of the button on your mouse. This will just make the rectangle stay a rectangle.
- Finish step 4, press the "Shift" Template:Keybutton on your keyboard. You should have one finger on "Shift" and one on the left mouse button.
- Press "Shift" for a moment, and your rectangle will automatically change to a square!
- Make that shape stay square, let go of the mouse button first, then let go of the "Shift" button.
- WooHoo! Perfect square!
- You can change the thickness of the square's outline by clicking on the "line" tool on your tool "box." Click on the thickness and then draw the circle after. Your square's outline would be thicker.
- This works on Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- This also works on the "Rounded Rectangle" tool. It looks like a rectangle, except it has rounded corners.
- As you an see, this is almost the exact same as a circle, just using a 4 sided shape instead. If you are still confused, please put a question om my page.
- Do not get frustrated if you don't get it at first, take your time, you will get. Practice makes perfect.
- Don't use a computer too long. Your eyes will hurt.
Things You'll Need
- Mouse (If you have a laptop you can use the installed one but the separate one to me is easier.)
- Program Microsoft Paint
- Make a Tessellation using Microsoft Paint