Manage Office Work Effectively
Working in office can get tricky as the work load increases day by day. Here are some tips to manage the work overload.
- Sort out your mailbox/ E - mails/ Letters / Office Memo: Most of the times work gets piled up due to unorganized work practices. The first step is to clean up the space - mailbox, drawers, notebooks, memos etc. Keep a notebook or a notepad handy while doing so.
- Make a list of things to do: As you are organising, make a bucket list of things to do as and when you come across them.
- Categorise the things to do: Categorise your bucket list of things into various categories like - Administrative, Follow up, Caonceptualization etc. This will help you to get a clear idea of your work.
- Prioritise the work: Once you have catrgorised the work, prioritise it into time periods. How much is imperitive to be done today, in next two days, for next week and follow through accordingly
- Stick to your list, use the sun-down rule: If you have decided you will close x number of things in a day, close them before you leave office. This is called sun- down rule and will help to build credibility at workplace.
- Learn to Manage People
- Change Your Attitude at Work
- Deal with Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- Organize Your Office
- Manage Workplace Stress