Post to a Facebook Group on Android
This article teaches you how to add a post to a Facebook group when you’re using an Android. You must be a member of the group to add your own post.
10 Second Summary
1. Open Facebook.
2. Tap Search.
3. Search for the group.
4. Tap the group.
5. Tap Write Something.
6. Type your post.
7. Tap Post.
- Open Facebook. It’s the blue icon with a white “f,” typically located on your home screen. If you don’t see it, you’ll find it in the app drawer.
- If you aren’t signed in to Facebook, sign in now.
- Tap Search. It’s the blue bar containing a magnifying glass at the top of the screen.
- Type the name of the group. As you type, a list of search results will appear.
- Tap the name of the group in the search results. This opens the group’s timeline.
- You must be a member of the group to add a post.
- You can also open a group by tapping it if it appears in your news feed.
- Tap Write Something. This brings up your Android’s keyboard.
- Type your post. In addition to text, you can also choose any (or all) of the following options:
- Tap the green painting icon to insert a photo or video from your camera roll.
- Tap the pink location marker to insert your current location.
- Tap the yellow smiley face to add emoji.
- Tap the blue person with a tag to tag another Facebook user.
- Tap Post. It’s at the top-right corner of the screen. Your message (and attachments, if added) will now appear in the group’s timeline.