Ask Questions on Facebook Messenger on a PC or Mac
This article teaches you how to poll members of a Facebook Messenger group chat when you’re on a computer.
10 Second Summary
1. Sign in to https://www.facebook.com.
2. Click Messenger.
3. Select a group chat.
4. Click the poll icon.
5. Type your question.
6. Add answer options.
7. Click Create Poll.
- Go to https://www.facebook.com in a web browser. You can use any browser, such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, to access Messenger.
- If you’re not signed in to Facebook, enter your login information at the top-right corner of the page, then click Log In.
- Click Messenger. It’s in the column along the left side of the screen. This opens the web version of Facebook Messenger.
- Select a group chat. Chats are listed in the left panel.
- You can only create a poll in a group chat.
- Click the poll icon. It’s the circle containing a bar graph at the bottom of the chat. A small window titled “Poll” will appear.
- Type your question. To do so, click the “Ask a question” blank and start typing.
- Add possible answers. If you want the people in the group to choose from a list of options, click the circle next to “Add an option,” then click the + symbol to enter a choice. Click the + again to add another choice.
- You can skip this step if you want group members to type their own answers.
- Click Create Poll. The question (and answer choices, if specified) will now appear in the chat.
- To answer the question, group members can either select an option from the list or type their own into the blank.