Turn Off Facebook Live Notifications on a PC or Mac
This article teaches you how to stop receiving notifications every time a friend or a page you follow starts a Live Video broadcast on Facebook, using a desktop internet browser.
10 Second Summary
1. Open Facebook on your browser.
2. Click the downward arrow in top-right.
3. Click Settings.
4. Click Notifications on the left panel.
5. Click On Facebook.
6. Click the downward arrow next to Live Videos.
7. Select All Off.
- Open Facebook on your internet browser. Type www.facebook.com in your browser's address bar and hit ↵ Enter on your keyboard. Facebook will open up to your News Feed.
- If you're not automatically signed in to Facebook on your browser, enter your email address or phone number and your password to log in.
- Click the downward-facing arrow icon in the upper-right corner. It's located to the right of the Messenger and Notifications buttons. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click Settings from the menu. This option is listed between News Feed Preferences and Send Money towards the bottom of the menu. It will open up to your General Account Settings.
- Click Notifications on the left panel. Your Settings page will have a navigation panel on the left-hand side of your screen. The Notifications option is listed next to world icon on this navigation panel. It will open your Notifications Settings.
- Click On Facebook. This is the first option at the top of the Notifications Settings menu.
- Scroll down and find Live Videos. This option is listed next to a gray camera icon at the bottom of the On Facebook section.
- Click the downward-facing arrow next to Live Videos. Your notifications settings for Live Videos will be set to On by default. Click on the arrow icon on the right-hand side of your screen to see all of your options. It will expand a drop-down menu.
- Select All Off from the drop-down menu. This option will turn off notifications for all Live Videos. You will not receive any notifications when your friends start a Live Video broadcast. Your settings will save automatically.
- Alternatively, you can select Suggestions Off. If you choose this option, you will stop seeing recommendations from Facebook about Live Videos you might like, but you will still receive a notification if a person or page you follow starts broadcasting.