Make Your Facebook Profile Picture Private on iPhone and iPad
This article teaches you how to change your Facebook profile picture's privacy settings in order to make it only viewable by you, using an iPhone or iPad.
10 Second Summary
1. Open the Facebook app.
2. Go to your Profile page.
3. Scroll down and tap Photos.
4. Open Profile Pictures from Albums.
5. Tap on your current profile picture.
6. Tap the three dots icon.
7. Tap Edit Privacy.
8. Select Only Me.
9. Tap Done.
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad. The Facebook icon looks like a white "f" in a blue box on your device's Home screen.
- If you're not automatically logged in to Facebook on your device, enter your email address or phone number and your password to log in.
- Tap the three horizontal lines icon. This button is in the lower-right corner of your screen. It will open a navigation menu.
- Tap on your name. Your name will be listed at the top of the menu next to your profile picture. It will open your Profile page.
- Scroll down and tap the Photos tab. This button is located between About and Friends below your profile info and intro text. It will open up to Photos of You.
- Tap the Albums tab. It's in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Profile Pictures album. This will open a photo grid of all your profile pictures. Your current profile picture will be at the top of the grid.
- Tap on your current profile picture. It will open this image in full-screen against a black background.
- Tap the three dots icon. It's in the upper-right corner of your screen. It will open a pop-up menu with editing options.
- Tap Edit Privacy. This option will let you customize who can view your profile picture.
- You have to open the image from your Profile Pictures album in order to see this option on the editing menu. If you open your profile picture by tapping on it on your Profile page, you won't have the option to Edit Privacy.
- Select Only Me. This option looks like a lock icon at the bottom of the Edit Privacy menu.
- If you don't see the Only Me option, tap More... at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap Done. This is the blue button in the upper-right corner of your screen. It will save your privacy settings. Your profile picture is now only viewable by you.
- If a friend of yours is tagged in your profile picture, they can still view the image.