Sell a Car that You Just Bought
If you bought a used car from a private party and haven't put it under your name, you don't have to transfer the title to your name in order to sell it. This article will give you the details on how to fix this issue.
- Find someone who wants to buy the car.
- Prepare a Bill of Sale. You can easily find one online or you can go to your nearest DMV office to pick up one.
- Fill out the Bill of Sale
- Sign the Bill of Sale.
- Make sure you get payment from the buyer.
- Attach the Bill of Sale to the original title you got from the previous owner.
- Hand the packet that contains the Bill of Sale and the title to the buyer.
- Send the buyer to the DMV to turn in both forms. (Bill of Sale and the original title.)
Things You'll Need
- a Bill of Sale request page
- the original title to the car
- Sell Your Car Privately
- Sell a Used Car
- Sell Cars
- Sell a Classic Car
- Get a Car Dealer License to Sell Cars