Change the Settings on WhatsApp on iPhone or iPad
This article teaches you how to find and edit your WhatsApp settings on an iPhone or iPad.
10 Second Summary
1. Open WhatsApp.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Select a category to edit its settings.
- Open WhatsApp. Look for the green icon containing a white chat bubble and phone receiver on your home screen.
- Tap . It’s the gear icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen. This is where you’ll find all of the settings you can change in WhatsApp.
- Select a category to edit its settings. Here are some examples of things you can do in the Settings area of WhatsApp:
- To change who can view your status updates, read receipts, last seen, and profile information, tap Account, then select Privacy.
- To change the tones you hear when you receive calls and messages, tap Notifications.
- To change the way your chats appear on the screen, tap Chat Settings.
- To change the phone number associated with your account, tap Account, then select Change number.