Join a Group on WhatsApp on Android
This article teaches you how to accept an invitation link to join a WhatsApp group chat, using Android.
10 Second Summary
1. Click on the invite link you received.
2. Check the name of the group at the top of the invite pop-up.
3. Click JOIN GROUP.
- Open the invite link you received. You may receive an invitation link in a text message, email, or in a personal chat message. Group admins have the ability to copy and paste the invitation link anywhere to add new members.
- Click on the invite link. It will automatically open WhatsApp Messenger and bring up a pop-up window on your screen.
- Note the name of the group. The name of the group conversation will be listed at the top of the invite pop-up window. If there's a group photo set by the group admins, you will also see it next to the group name in the upper-left corner of the pop-up.
- Note the group creator. If you're not sure who invited you to this group chat, check out the name of the group creator below the group name. The invite will indicate the group creator's name following "Group created by" at the top of the pop-up window.
- Check out the list of group members. The invite pop-up will list all the current members of the group under Participants. Here you might find people you know, and the list might give you an idea about why you received an invitation to the group.
- Tap . This is the green button in the lower-right corner of your screen. It will automatically add you to the group conversation as a new member. You can start sending messages, images, and documents to the group chat right away.
- Group admins can also add new members without sending them a link. In this case, you will just receive a notification that you've been added to a group chat conversation. You won't need to click a link to confirm this action.