Tag Someone on WhatsApp on iPhone or iPad
This article teaches you how to tag someone in a WhatsApp group chat on your iPhone or iPad.
10 Second Summary
1. Open WhatsApp.
2. Select a chat.
3. Tap the message box.
4. Tap the 123 key.
5. Tap the @ key.
6. Tap the person you want to tag.
7. Type your message.
8. Tap the send button.
- Open WhatsApp. It’s the green icon with a white chat bubble and phone receiver. You’ll typically find it near the bottom of the home screen.
- Select a chat. To find the chat, start typing its name into the search box, then select it from the results.
- Tap the message box at the bottom of the chat. This opens your keyboard.
- Tap the 123 key. This opens the numeric keyboard.
- Tap @. As soon as you tap this key, a list of group members will appear.
- Tap the person you want to tag. The person’s name will now appear right after the “@” symbol in the message box.
- To add additional tags, repeat this process with another user.
- Type the rest of your message. You’ll have to tap the ABC key to return to the alphabetic keyboard.
- Tap the send button. It’s the blue circle with a white paper airplane. Your message, including the tag, will now appear in the group chat. Additionally, the person you tagged will be notified that you’ve tagged them in the conversation.