Save Videos on WhatsApp on Android
This article teaches you how to manually download a video in WhatsApp to an Android device.
10 Second Summary
1. Open WhatsApp.
2. Disable automatic downloads.
3. Tap Chats.
4. Select a chat with a video.
5. Tap the download button on a video.
- Open WhatsApp. It’s the green icon with a white chat bubble and phone receiver in your app drawer.
- Disable automatic downloads. Before you can download videos on your own, you’ll need to disable the feature that saves your videos automatically. Here’s how:
- Tap ⁝.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Chat settings.
- Tap Media auto-download.
- Select When using mobile data and choose No media.
- Select When connected on Wi-Fi and choose No media.
- Select When roaming and select No media.
- Tap the back button until you return to the main WhatsApp screen.
- Tap . It’s near the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select a chat with a video.
- Tap the download button on a video. It’s at the video’s bottom-left corner, and looks like a downward-pointing arrow. The video will now download to your phone’s gallery.