Check an Amazon Giftcard Balance
Amazon gift cards are a common gift for Christmas, birthdays, and graduations. If you have applied gift cards to your account, you might be curious what your giftcard balance is. Your account includes an option to check your total balance from giftcards. Amazon also lets you check the balance of a giftcard without applying it to your account. This can be helpful if you received the card as a gift but it didn’t say how much it was worth.
Checking Your Account’s Giftcard Balance
- Go to Amazon.com. Open a web browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox, on your desktop computer, smartphone, or laptop. Click on the address bar located at the top of the browser window. Type “Amazon.com” into the address bar and hit the Enter button.
- Login to your Amazon account. At the top of the website, and near the righthand side, look for the words “Hello, Sign In.” Click on this to go to the sign-in page. Type in your email or username, as well as your password. If you don’t have an account already, click the button that says “Create your Amazon account.”
- Creating a new Amazon account requires you to enter an email address. If you don’t have an Create an Email Account already, you’ll need to create one.
- Go to “Your Account.” Signing into your account may take you directly to your account page, but if not you need to go there. Hover your mouse over the “Accounts & Lists” button on the navigation bar. Look in the left column and click on the words “Your Account.”
- Locate the Gift Card group in the “Amazon Wallet” section. Scroll partway down the page to the second section, which is labelled “Amazon Wallet.” There are two columns in the Wallet section. One says “Payment Methods” and one says “Gift Cards.”
- Click on “View Gift Card Balance and Activity.” Under the heading for Gift Cards, the first option allows you to view the gift card balance. The words you’ll click are blue. Click on them to go to the gift card balance page.
- Look at your balance. After you click on “View Gift Card Balance and Activity,” your gift card balance page will open. You’ll see a box on the screen that tells you your gift card balance in green text. If you have more than one card applied to your account, this balance is the total of them all.
Checking the Balance of an Unredeemed Giftcard
- Login to your Amazon account. Open whichever browser you want to use and go to Amazon.com. Click the “Sign-in” button near the top right of the screen. Once you get there, type in your email address and account password to log into your Amazon account.
- Click on “Gift Cards and Registry.” Look at the top of your screen for the search bar. Underneath the search bar, you’ll see words that are each a link to a different part of the site. Click on the words that read “Gift Cards and Registry.” This will take you to a screen with various options.
- Click on the box that reads “Redeem a gift card.” Your screen will most likely display three square pictures in a row. Under this, you’ll find a row of six boxes. The second to last box toward the right side of the row says “Redeem a gift card.” Click on this link.
- Scratch off the silver strip on the back of the card. If you have a brand new Amazon card, there may be a silver strip covering the claim code on the back of the card. Use a coin or your fingernail to peel or scratch the strip off of the card, which reveals the claim code.
- Type in the gift card’s claim code. Look at the back of your gift card for a long series of letters and numbers. Type the code in exactly as it appears, including capital letters and dashes.
- Click on the box that says “Check.” After you type in the claim code, you have two options: check the balance or apply the balance to your account. If you want to apply the balance to your account, then click that button. Otherwise, click the “Check” button to view how much money is loaded on the card.