Get the Amazon Prime Discount for Customers Who Receive US Government Assistance
Amazon offers a 45-percent discount on Prime memberships, $5.99 a month instead of $10.99 month, to U.S. residents receiving government assistance: WIC, TANF, SNAP (Food Stamps.) You must have an EBT card. The best part is, if you are already a prime member with an EBT card you can take advantage of the discount right away.
- Make sure you have your EBT card and scan/take a picture of the side that has your name and EBT card number. You will need to upload this picture to amazon.com.
- For example, on PA's Access Card your name and number is the front side of the card--this is the side you need to take a picture of.
- Visit Amazon's page for Prime Sign-Ups for Customers with EBT Cards and click Get Started!.
- You can find this at https://www.amazon.com/l/16256994011
- You will be asked to sign into your amazon.com account or sign up for an account if you are not already a customer.
- Fill out the application page.
- Fill in your EBT Card Number.
- Upload your EBT Card Picture that you took earlier.
- Tick the box to verify that your EBT card is current and valid.
- Click Continue
- Add your payment information and continue.
- Wait for a response. Your information will be reviewed to make everything is valid but that's it. You are now a Prime Member for $5.95 a month instead of $10.99.
- If you are already a Prime Member either annual or monthly Amazon will convert your membership and refund the unused portion of your Prime Membership.
- Amazon will give you a refund if you're already a Prime Member, for the unused portion of your Prime Membership.
- It's against the law to lie about receiving benefits so don't use your old EBT card if you're not still eligible.
Sources and Citations