Put Amazon Ads On Your Blog
Placing Amazon ads on your blog can be an additional way for you to generate and earn extra income and revenue. In order for you to gain access to Amazon ads, you must first sign up for the Amazon Associates program. Amazon Associates is Amazon's affiliate program that allows you to earn referral fees when visitors to your blog click on ads, then purchase products from Amazon. After joining Amazon Associates, you can use their tools to add and embed the code for Amazon links and banners onto your blog, and begin earning money. Continue reading this article to learn more about the process for placing Amazon ads on your blog through Amazon Associates.
Sign up for Amazon Associates
- Click on one of the Amazon links displayed in the Sources section below this article. These links will direct you to landing pages that reside on the domain for Amazon Associates.
- Click on the button labeled "Join now for Free" located on the left side of the landing page.
- Type your email address into the field provided, then select "I am a new customer."
- Click on "Sign in" to continue, then complete the registration fields. You will be prompted for your name, and a new password to use with Amazon Associates.
- Click on "Create Account." You will be redirected to another page that will ask you to enter your Amazon Associates account information. You will be required to enter your contact information and information about your blog; such as its description, web address, the amount of visitors you receive, and more.
- Click on "Finish" after you have entered all information pertaining to your blog. You can now begin using Amazon Associates to place ads on your blog.
Amazon Product Links
- Click on the tab labeled "Links and Banners" displayed near the top of the Amazon Associates landing page.
- Click on "Product Links" displayed on the left side of the page. "Product Links" will allow you to grab the code for specific Amazon products. For example, if your blog features reviews on video games, you can use the Product Links page to find the product link for a video game you wrote a review for.
- Type the keyword for the product you want to find into the search field, then click "Go." Amazon Associates will display a list of products that match the keywords you entered.
- Scroll through the search results until you find the product you want to advertise on your blog, then click on "Get Link" to the right of the product.
- Choose whether you want a text link, image link, or text and image link combined to feature that particular product on your blog. For example, if your blog features a review about a cleaning product, place a text link for the product in a paragraph of your review, so visitors can click on the cleaning product link and be redirected to Amazon to buy the product.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the product landing page, then click on "Highlight HTML."
- Copy the code provided, then paste the code into the HTML editor of your blog. Visitors to your blog will then be able to click on the link, and buy the product from Amazon. Amazon Associates will reward you with a referral fee for sending visitors to Amazon by way of your blog.
Amazon Banner Links
- Click on the tab that reads "Links and Banners" displayed at the top of the Amazon Associates web page.
- Click on "Banner Links" located on the left side of the landing page. "Banner Links" will allow you to feature banners on your blog that advertise certain Amazon product categories. For example, if you write a sports blog, you can add banners to your site that advertise sporting goods that are being sold on Amazon.
- Choose a banner category link from the options displayed on the "Banner Links" tab. For example, if you have written a blog post about your favorite type of jewelry, click on "Jewelry" to see a collection of banners that advertise jewelry.
- Scroll through the list of banners provided, then click on "Highlight HTML" below the banner of your choice.
- Use your keyboard or mouse to copy the HTML code, then paste the code into the HTML editor section of your blog. Any user who clicks on the banner from your blog will be redirected to an Amazon product page that features products for sale in the category you have chosen.
- Write articles on your blog about the Amazon products that will earn you the highest amount of referral fees. For example, if you earn higher referral fees from visitors who purchase music downloads from Amazon, write a higher number of blog posts about music products to maximize your earning potential from Amazon Associates.
- Consult with your blog provider directly if you need assistance with adding HTML code to the HTML editor of your blog. In most cases, you can add Amazon ads through your HTML editor at the time you compose new blog posts, or add banners to the HTML interface of your blog layout.
- Become an Amazon Associate
- Make Money With Amazon Affiliate Program
- Sell Books on Amazon
- Add Advertisements to Your Android Applications Using Admob
Sources and Citations