Do Chair Yoga for Beginners
Chair yoga is a simple path of yoga practice. It is suitable for beginners. With chair yoga, you can quickly relax at home or at work and recharge with good energy, while having fun. The whole process only takes five to ten minutes.
- Stretch the arms upward. You can fold your hands and turn them to the sky. Stretch as it does you good. Relax.
- Massage your body from head to toe. Visualize a sun in the sky above you. Think while massaging the mantra "light".
- Bow down with your upper body. Stretch your hands to the ground and visualize the earth beneath you. Think the word "earth". The head shows to the earth. Then shift up with your upper body, stretch out your hands to the sky and visualize the sky above you. Think "heaven." Move now dynamically several times from top to bottom and think "sky" or "earth." Thus, the tensions dissolve in your stomach.
- Move your head several times forward (nod) and back (neck). Concentrate on your body and send light to the front over the sternum and to the back over the spine to the feet. Think the mantra "light".
- Move your shoulders in your own way. Release the tensions in the shoulders and neck. Circle with your shoulders forward and backward.
- Turn yourself in your spine several times gently as far as possible to the left and to the right. Focus on the spine and think several times the mantra "spine".
- Breathe deeply into your belly and fill you with breath energy (prana). You can also breathe in the pelvic floor or the soles of the feet. Find out what brings you best to rest.
- Move your feet in your own way. Release the tensions in the feet. Think in the feet the numbers 1 to 20.
- Move a hand in blessing and think: "I send light to (name). May all people be happy. May the world be happy."
- Meditate and bring your thoughts to rest. The back is straight and the stomach is relaxed. What is the best hand position for your meditation? Relax. Come back.
- Chair yoga is a new development in yoga. Chair yoga can be done in the office or in a simple way in front of the computer. Most people do not need difficult and complicated exercises, but yoga techniques that are easy to practice and can be made in a short time. The most important thing for most people is to do every day something for their health. This series of exercises is very helpful for this.
- Yoga can be easy. Beginners need simple yoga exercises. The presented exercises involve two levels. First, they are a simple gymnastics, well suited for quick relaxation and for stress relief. Second, they activate all the major chakras and help people to get good energy.
- Do yoga as it is good for you. If you cannot do something, don't do it. Many people exercise wrong. They practice yoga only formally (as an external form) without inner feeling. They do not resolve tensions. It is important that we practice effective and with endurance.