Look Great on Valentine's Day
Do you want to impress your sweetheart this Valentine's Day? Whether you're going to spend the day outside or you're planning on dining by candlelight, it's fun to primp a little for holiday that's all about romance and love. See Step 1 to find out how to look your best this February.
- Have fun!
- Smile, be confident and laugh! A bored or miserable expression on you won't look good!
- Enjoy yourself! Having fun is just as, or maybe even more, important as looking good.
- Be happy! Be yourself, be confident with who you are, and love the skin you're in. Whether you're on a date or just with your friends, always remember that they love you for who you are, so never try to be different or someone else. Friendship, family and love mean a lot more than looks.
- Tone up your body by doing some exercise. You could do this by playing one of your favourite sports, taking a class, or following some home fitness videos. You could even do some exercises on the Wii Fit! Don't aim to loose much or any weight, but simply looking a bit more toned up will make you feel more confident in yourself.
- Take a nice long warm bath. Use slightly scented bath salts, bath cream or milk, bubble bath, bath essence etc, or add a few drops of your favourite essential oil. You could choose a bath product that not only leaves your skin looking great, but also has other benefits. For example, use one that relieves tired muscles, or maybe one that smells great which can be used instead of perfume later on.
- While in the bath, use a body brush or a loafer to smooth away any dead skin.
- Relax for about 20 minutes in the bath, before stepping out and using a big soft warm towel to dry off.
- Now use a body butter or lotion. Use one that will make your skin feel super soft, but also smells great. One that is slightly sparkly will give your skin a gorgeous glow.
- Having good skin on Valentine's Day is a must. Check out some of the related articles at the bottom of this page to find some tips for your skin type, whether it's dry, oily, combination, sensitive, problem or normal.
- Use a good face mask. Either make a homemade one, or buy a, preferably natural, one from a skin care shop. Face masks instantly brighten the skin, and leave your skin feeling clean, soft, and radiant.
- Get a facial massage. Either give yourself one or treat yourself to a professional one. Massages feel great and leave your skin looking beautiful and awakened with a healthy glow.
- Select an outfit. Choosing an outfit can be the hardest part for Valentine's Day, but deciding what to wear really depends on where you are going and what you're doing. If you're going for a meal out or a posh dinner do, then wear a cute, slightly formal outfit, or even a sexy red dress. Wear posh heels and carry a clutch purse.
- If you're going to the cinema, to a show or to a concert, wear something a little less formal but still attractive. A skirt and a pretty top will look good, with fashionable heels and a big handbag.
- If you're going for a picnic or something during the day, wear something more casual, but still looking good. If it's sunny, denim shorts, a cute top, gladiator sandals and sunglasses will look good, or if it's colder, wear skinny jeans, a fashionable top, heeled boots, shoobs (peep toe shoe boots) shoes or ankle boots and a shoulder bag/purse.
- Whatever your outfit, don't forget to accessorize with some jewelry!
- If you're having a sleepover with your mates, going somewhere casual, or just having a night in together, then wear what you want!
- Wash it with a shampoo that leaves your hair healthy and shiny, and use a moisturising conditioner. You can also treat yourself to a hair mask for extra gloss.
- So if you have mid length to long hair, while your hair is still wet, split your hair into two and plait both sides. Leave your hair for a while before drying it with a hairdryer. Make sure both plaits are perfectly dry before taking out the plaits. Your hair should be wavy and look cute and girly. Either leave your hair down and use some moose before adding in a flower clip or band, or you can create a romantic up-do. Try a low side bun or pinning sections of hair onto the back of your head.
- If you have shorter hair, simply leave it down loose and put in an accessory or two, like a flower or a cute Alice band. If it's long enough, curl your hair and create some soft waves, and like with long hair, use some moose before spritzing with hairspray.
- Don't apply much foundation at all, as a more natural look is best, and totally miss out powder, unless your skin is particularly oily, as the more powder you wear, the more caked on your make-up looks.
- Use a soft pink blusher on the apples of your cheeks and run it up your cheek bones. Some people prefer bronzer but blusher creates a more girly look.
- Unless you want a more daring sexy look, only wear subtle eye make-up on Valentine's Day. Although pink is associated with Valentine's Day, avoid pink eye make-up as it can make your eyes look red and tired. You can not bother with eyeshadow at all but if you want to, then if you have green eyes, opt for subtle tones of purple. If you have blue eyes, use gold and beige colours, and if you have grey eyes, use cooler tones. Finally, if you have hazel or brown eyes, apply warm tones, browns and bronzes.
- Skip out eyeliner, and go strait on to curling your lashes and applying a little mascara on both your upper and lower lashes. Also, apply a dot of concealer, white eyeshadow or white eyeliner to the inner corner of your eyes as this will make you look more awake.
- If you're after the sexy daring look, then by all means use a rich red lipstick, but if you want the girly sweet look, then use a coral beige colour or a soft pink colour on your lips. Also, line them using a lip liner the same colour as the lip colour to create definition, and apply some clear gloss for a bit of shine.
- Wear some floral or fruity perfume, and give your nails a French manicure or apply a girly colour nail polish.
- Who said Valentine's Day sucks when you're single? If you are single, then organize a get-together with all your single mates! It could be a night out to a party or club, or a night in with plenty of popcorn, chocolates, chick-flick films, drinks, face-masks and magazines!
- Don't forget to brush your teeth, use deodorant and all the other usual things!
- Leave plenty of time to get ready.
- Put a warm soft towel on a radiator and spritz it with your favourite perfume. When you step out of the bath and use the towel to dry off, it will make you smell great.
- Remember to drink plenty of water on your night out and eat well, without looking greedy!
- Look up recipes for homemade face masks and facial massage techniques.
- Just remember that nobody's perfect but everyone's beautiful.
- Are you going somewhere really special? Why not treat yourself to a trip to the spa or a beauty salon?
- If you are with your crush remember to check yourself before you leave the house.
- If you use oils in the bath, it might be a good idea not to use lavender as it's so relaxing you might feel very tired and sleepy!
- Only ever wear what you feel comfortable in. Wearing a longer skirt might be better than wearing that mini skirt which might be a bit too mini, and wearing those comfy boots might be better than stumbling and staggering around in those 8-inch stiletto heels!
- If you're going out for a meal, pack some tooth picks and a pack of face wipes in your handbag. It won't be very attractive picking food out from your teeth at the dinner table! Instead, subtly excuse yourself to go to the bathroom and check for any food around your mouth or in your teeth.
- When you're packing your handbag, be sure to take things like keys, phone, money, purse, make-up, and perfume as well as any presents you might be giving.
- Have good manners. Whether it's having good table manners, not eating all the popcorn at the cinema, or not chatting all the way through a show, having good manners is a must.
- Don't overdo any make-up.
- Don't be in a rush.
- Never feel bad about yourself or your looks.
- Don't sulk if you're single. Like mentioned in the tips section, organize something fun to do.
- Don't make it look like you've tried too hard. Just be relaxed and cool.
- If you're planning on kissing anyone, then it might be best to just use lip balm instead of lip colour!
Things You'll Need
- Partner, friends or family
- Bath products
- Loafer/body brush
- Body lotion/butter
- A face mask
- A cute outfit
- Hair band/clip
- Develop a Skincare Routine for Dry Skin
- Prevent Wrinkles
- Get Rid of Acne
- Cure Oily Skin
- Care for Combination Skin
- Care for Sensitive Skin
- Make Valentine's Day Special on a Budget
- Be Happy Being Single on Valentine's Day
- Get the Perfect Valentine's Gift for Your Boyfriend
- Select Bath Salts for Your Skin Type
- Do Valentine's Day Nails
- Have a Fun Valentines Day with Your Family
- Do a Valentine's Day Look