Make Snow Golems Useful in Minecraft
A Snow Golem is a weak, helpless Minecraft mob that does no damage and can take little itself. However, the Snow Golem is willing to put itself into grave danger just to keep hostiles away, a fact that entirely rewrites its usefulness utilized in this method. With two command blocks, you can turn these meek little pumpkin-headed robots into indestructible lightning-shooting death machines.
- Set your gamemode to Creative /gamemode 1, and have cheats enabled.
- If cheats aren't enabled, press Escape and then click on , turning cheats first.
- These steps are only guaranteed to work on Minecraft PC 1.11.x.
- Type /give (your player name) repeating_command_block into the chat window.
- Eg: /give Elektrosonix repeating_command_block
- Player name is optional unless you are using a command block instead of the chat window (so in this case it's optional).
- Right click on a surface to place the command block.
- Right click on the command block, opening the interface. Do not hold Shift when doing this.
- In the bar labeled "Console Command", type "/execute @e[type=snowball] ~ ~-1 ~ summon lightning_bolt".
- Slashes (/) are optional for command blocks.
- Find the three buttons side-by-side below "Console Command". They should be set to read the following: , , and .
- Press ↵ Enter to close the command block interface and activate the command.
- Repeat the last two steps with a new command block in the general vicinity, preferably right next to the first one.
- In the bar labeled "Console Command", type "/effect @e[type=snowman] 11 2 10".
- Repeat the last two steps with this command block.
- Test the results out. You're done all the hard work. Want to see results? Either build a Snow Golem by placing a Pumpkin or Jack O' Lantern on two vertical snow blocks, or type /summon snowman into the chat window.
- With your death robot at hand, summon a blaze /summon blaze. Laugh as a Snow Golem's mortal enemy is effortlessly defeated by your "Lightning" Golem. Success!
- The repeating command block is going to fill up the chat window. To stop this, type /gamerule commandBlockOutput false. This means that all command blocks can't affect chat unless they use the "/say" command.
- Every single entity of this type is going to be affected by these commands.
- The Snow Golems will sound like they are taking damage, but they really aren't - effect id 11 is Resistance, and if you followed the steps correctly, you have given them Resistance X. That makes them completely indestructible!
- If you don't want them to be so noisy, make a third command block with almost the same command as the second, but replace "11" with "12". This gives them Fire Resistance, which means that they still take 0 damage as before but they also won't react to it (turn red and make noises of anguish).
- Don't get in the Snow Golems' line of fire or you will die.
- Watch yourself - lightning may create charged creepers.