Survive in a Desert in Minecraft Beta
We all know Minecraft can be a pain when you spawn in a treeless area, such as a desert. How do we survive? Well, this article will explain it here.
- Collect supplies. You will need at least 15 full stacks of sand. This will be used for the stone construction of your house. You will also need coal, but you will need to mine if there isn't any on the surface.
- Turn the sand into sandstone. This is a simple but boring task. Place 4 piles of sand in your crafting square. Keep on clicking on the Yellow Stone (Sandstone) on the right of your square. When you're done, repeat the task until you have ran out of sand.
- Dig a 8x8 square from sand on the floor. Once you have done the following, start placing your Sandstone in the gap. Once you're done you should have an almost 100% smooth Sandstone floor for your house.
- Start making a wall. You will need a wall for your house. So build a wall high enough for you to jump, then that's about right. maybe about 4 blocks high from the Sandstone floor. This is so if you do find wood and you make a bed, you won't suffocate when you wake up.
- Make a roof. This is a bit easy, at the highest block on your wall, place a Sandstone block. Fill in the giant gap in the Sky until it goes dark. Once you're done, Break a 1x2 gap to place a door so you can get in and out without anything going in your house.
- Start digging a stairway down a little bit away from your house. This will be your coal/iron mine. Unfortunately, you will need wood for this part so you can make a pickaxe, or you can get TNT and blow up some stone for cobble, but that will take a lot longer. So, dig down until you have about 3+ coal.
- Make a workbench. Yes, you do need wood, but you can't survive without it. Travel away far to get some wood, but don't get lost. Return and make some sticks. Get those sticks, and make a few torches. Place them around your house.
- Keep saplings from the trees you cut down to make a tree farm. Birch trees are best for growing compactly, because they need the least space to grow. Excavate a few stacks of dirt for making farms.
- Construct a door. You will need wood again, once you have made a door, go outside your house and place it on the block you made the gap/doorway.
- Congratulations. You have made your first desert house! Most likely, you can celebrate if you want. Don't forget to add beds and decorate your pad. And daytime you could add windows as well. Don't forget to go to your mine and see if you can find caves, dungeons, diamonds, iron, redstone and maybe even Lapis Lazuli! Enjoy your new house.
- Add torches outside too. Torches stop monsters from spawning in their light range, so only wildlife like Pigs, sheep, cows etc., can spawn there.
- Try to make it small and basic. This is something you need to do with any house on Minecraft for your first day, because if you spend too long building it, your could end up living in a hole your first night.
- If there's little wood that you have, use it for the spade to dig sand up.
- Put sand in a furnace to create glass. Glass will stay standing in the desert.
- If you run out of Sandstone, don't be afraid to collect a few more piles of sand to make it. Don't forget, 1 sandstone block is 4 sand blocks, so don't strip the area for a giant mansion.
- You can break dead bushes to get sticks.
- Play SkyBlock in Minecraft
- Survive Your First Night in Minecraft
- Mine in Minecraft
- Start an Animal Farm on Minecraft
- Make an Underground Tree Farm in Minecraft
- Blow Up TNT in Minecraft
- Find a Desert Temple in Minecraft
- Play Minecraft