Turn off the "Maint Req" Light on a 2001 Honda Civic
Just because the "Maint Req" light comes on doesn't mean your car is broken. It comes on every so many miles! If you want/need the light turned off, you can do it yourself.
- Insert the key into the ignition
- Press the trip meter reset button and hold it down - do not let it go!
- Turn the key only until the Maint Req light comes on
- Remain in this position until the Maint Req light blinks and disappears
- Turn the key back to the off position and remove the key
- Now release the trip meter reset button
- This works on a 2001 Honda. Articles elsewhere state that this also works on 2003 models.
- It is a good idea to have your vehicle checked when the light comes on. There are reasons why you may need to have the light turned off without the vehicle being serviced (e.g., DEQ or air quality checks may require all service warnings be cleared) but it is generally a good idea to have a qualified service technician maintain your vehicle.
- Fix a Stereo System in a 94 Dodge Intrepid
- Check an Alternator
- Program GM Keyless Remotes
- Fix a Faulty Seat Belt Warning Indication on a Mazda With Automatic Shoulder Belts