Be Successful When Selling a Car
Given that auto sales accounted for 19% of total U.S. Sales in 2000 (source : U.S. Growing businesses Administration) people are buying cars which mean that there are even more people selling cars. Additionally, new automobile sales have dropped from 63.4% in 1989 to 60% in 1999. Selling cars isn't particularly easy given that many still have a negative perception of car salespeople.
- First and foremost you want to consider yourself as a business.
- Adopt a Planning perspective. If you don't have a plan, then you are not prepared. As a practicing performance improvement specialist or coach for the last 10 years, I have observed that the general public plan less for their whole lives than they do for a simple trip to the grocery store.
- Learn the easy way to prospect. Given that 80% of all new sales comes from referrals, would it not make more sense to prospect individually instead of rely on outside resources to control your destiny? Those media efforts usually bring in suspects, not prospects. Use your time sensibly by concentrating on prospects who have a need, money, and are decision makers. Don't rely only on the vehicle dealer to send out letters. Take some time to draft some handwritten notes.
- Improve your sales talents to earn more cash. Today's consumers are much more savvy than years ago. Learn how to cultivate and develop long term relationships. New automobile sales to used vehicle sales are far more relationship based selling than years back when car sales was a commodity sale.
- Establish your sales goals using your great planning attitude. If you are a car salesperson and have 300 shoppers and the industry average sales cycle is 3 years, then every year you should be selling 100 cars.
- The automobile industry is really a 24/7 business given that cars are with us each and every day of our lives. However, it is important not to lose sight of your personal life including family, friends, physical health, etc.
- Buy a Car
- Choose Between a Car with Automatic or Manual Transmission
- Buy a 2000 Corvette
- Find an Eco Friendly Car
- Select an Eco Friendly Vehicle
- Be a Good Car Salesman
- Choose a Car Buying Service
- Sell a Car and Transfer Title in Nevada
- Shared with permission from CarProfit.com