Decide What You Want to Be when You Grow Up
Are you a kid or teenager who has absolutely no clue as to what you want to be or how to get there? Are you jealous of how your friends are absolutely set in what they are going to do? If so, then read on.
- Choose something that you really enjoy doing: Think about things you do on a regular basis, and know something about. Do you read, draw, write, bike, make jokes, mess with technology or play with your camera?
- Think about whether or not you could improve on your hobby. If you can't then you probably won't end up sticking with that job if you do get it, because the fun in getting a job is not just the money, but learning.
- Research it, or several if you haven't really narrowed down your options yet. #* You don't have to spend countless hours on this, but just find out what some of the basic education standards are, how much it pays in most places and if it relates to any other of your hobbies. Maybe you want to be several things, but one of them allows you to travel (which you love). So make a decision (or narrow down your list) that lets you do a couple of things you really like.
- The only thing left to do is (as you grow up) really chase that dream of yours! Meet the education standards, work on your appearance, and do other things that will help you to reach your goal.
- Don't ever limit yourself, or let other people tell you what you can and cannot do; if you have a passion for something then go for it. The only thing that would ever stop you is yourself. People who tell you you can't are just jealous of your future success, once you start, don't look back, no regrets, no failures.
- Have fun!
- Don't get totally obsessed with finding your career now because you and your interests will change and you'll go through at least 20 different stages of what you want to be. Nothing is set in stone, and you've got to trust that everything will work out.
- Don't say you want to be something just because your friends say that same "idea".
- Don't get upset because you keep changing your "career idea", for the right career will stay with you forever.
- Don't let someone tell you you can't do something; you may start to believe it and start to fail at what you want to do. You can do it!
- Some things are best as hobbies. For example, even you if you really enjoy baking, would you really want to do this all day long for a living?