Edit Pictures on Snapchat on iPhone or iPad
This article teaches you how to customize Snapchat photos with filters, stickers, and drawing tools on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open Snapchat. It’s the yellow icon with a white ghost typically found on your home screen.
- Tap the ghost. It’s at the top-left corner of the screen. This opens your profile.
- If you see a Link Bitmoji with Snapchat instead of a ghost in the top-left corner, tap that instead.
- Tap the gear. It’s at the top-right corner of your profile.
- Scroll down and tap . It’s in the “Additional Services” section.
- Slide the “Filters” switch to the "On" position. The switch will turn green.
- If the switch was already green, you can skip this step.
- Return to the camera screen. You can do this by tapping the arrow at the top-left corner of the screen until you see the camera viewfinder.
Editing a Picture
- Tap the shutter button to take a photo. It’s the large round button at the bottom of the screen.
- Swipe left to select a filter. You’ll see a preview of your image with the currently selected filter each time you swipe.
- Add emoji stickers. Tap the sticker icon (it looks like a piece of paper with its right corner turned up) to see a list of Use Stickers on Snapchat to your picture.
- Add text. Tap the T at the top of the screen to open the text tool. You’ll be able to Change the Color of Snapchat Captions.
- Draw on your picture. Tap the pencil icon to access the Draw on Snapchat. Chose a color and get creative with your design.
- Send your Snap. When you’re done editing your picture, you can post it to your Story or send it to a friend. Tap the Send button at the bottom of the screen, then select your desired recipient or action.