Take a Picture on Snapchat on iPhone or iPad
This article teaches you how to take a photo in Snapchat on your iPhone or iPad.
10 Second Summary
1. Open Snapchat.
2. Select a camera.
3. Tap the shutter button.
4. Use the editing tools.
5. Tap Send To.
6. Choose a recipient or Story.
7. Tap Send.
- Open Snapchat. It’s the yellow icon with a white ghost on your home screen. This brings you to the camera screen.
- If you see a login screen instead of a camera viewfinder, tap Log In, enter your Snapchat account information, then tap Log In again.
- Select a camera. If you want to use the front-facing camera (also known as the selfie camera) instead of the default camera, tap the camera icon with arrows at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the shutter button to snap a photo. It’s the large white circle at the bottom of the screen.
- Edit your photo. You can use any of Snapchat’s editing tools (the icons along the top of the screen) to perfect your photo before sending, or select one of Snapchat’s filters.
- Tap and hold the photo to enter Use Filters on Snapchat, where you can swipe through a variety of filters that make your photo stand out.
- Tap the sticker icon (a sheet of folded paper at the top of the screen) to choose fun stickers and emoji to add to your photo.
- Tap the T to type a message on your photo.
- Tap the pencil to draw or paint on over your photo.
- Tap . It’s beneath the blue and white arrow icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Choose a recipient or post to your Story.
- See Post to Snapchat Stories to learn more about Stories.
- Tap . Your photo Snap is now sent.