Microsoft K-12 Education Transformation Framework: Intelligent environments
Audience: School Leaders, Head Teachers, School Deans, or any other leader in charge of whole school transformation.
Upon completion, continue the education transformation process by completing the next course: Technology blueprint.
Transforming an entire school system is an exciting opportunity. While challenging, it’s easier with a proven way to help decision makers get it right. Education leaders in more than 50 countries, from Finland to South Africa, have already used the Microsoft K-12 Education Transformation Framework to help plan their strategies in partnership with Microsoft.
The Microsoft K-12 Education Transformation Framework is an effective, flexible platform for education transformation based on the latest research and input from hundreds of academics, experts, and policy makers. We distilled the key insights into a single, powerful framework now available to school leaders everywhere.
There are 4 components to the Transformational Framework:
- Leadership and Policy
- Modern Teaching and Learning
- Intelligent Environments
- Technology Blueprint
This course focuses on intelligent environments that will challenge you to rethink how you configure, use and manage learning spaces.
Developing intelligent environments to optimize learning for both students and teachers is the third pillar in Microsoft's Educational Transformation Framework. This includes creative collaboration in flexible learning spaces, creating more sustainable and energy-efficient ways of working, and providing responsive and coordinated security to keep learning communities safe. School leaders can create intelligent environments by configuring each learning environment to create purpose-driven and accessible learning spaces backed by smarter security and facilities management. This course will guide school leaders through their own process of building intelligent environments. Starting with a brand new space to design an intelligent environment would be great, but is not realistic for most school leaders. This course takes into consideration the obstacles school leaders face when designing an intelligent environment within their current building.
There are 4 lessons and one final assessment to complete this learning path.
The lessons include:
- Purpose-driven, accessible learning spaces
- Sustainable and responsive design
- Smart, integrated security
- Facilities management
- Transform the learning environment through the positive use of digital technology with physical learning spaces that are more flexible, collaborative, equitable, healthy, and inspiring.
- Develop an environment of sustainable and responsible design for your school or campus.
- Develop a safer, more secure, and responsive school and campus.
- Use the Internet of Things (IoT), the cloud, and data analytics to manage complex school environments more efficiently.
- Systems Designer: Leaders build teams and systems to implement, sustain, and continually improve the use of technology to support learning.