Take Action to Reduce Unemployment
Every person has an innate concern to each other. Seeing unemployed individuals is definitely a concern in a community.
- Assess the community by observing the capacity to buy of the population. Visit the market place. Get the statistics of unemployment from the authority.
- List down the possible opportunities for the population. Remember that employment should be given first to ages 18 and up.
- Organize the group. Find out among members who has the capacity to handle and lead the group.
- Provide tools needed by asking available tools from each member of the group. Make tools available in common location. Keep records of tools and the owner.
- Advertise the skills of the group by giving flyers, calling cards. Accept job orders, make written contracts, deliver orders according to signed agreement.
- Organizer of employment should monitor activities and will remain as an adviser.
- Organizer must set boundaries for himself / herself from the group to maintain solidarity of members.